France |  Suisse |  International
carl
STRANGE!!!!!!
Sent : 11/04/2009 13:42:02

Hi please i need our helps,i do an test wiht sketchup, and i worked two different spaces in different layers when i export this to artlantis, i get one object!! not two as i worked , when i apply shaders , all the object will be recovery not me needed zone....whats wrong??

carl
Re: STRANGE!!!!!!
Sent : 11/04/2009 13:43:14

when i export using he plugin (i get this) blank object

carl
Sent : 11/04/2009 13:44:13

my start object on sketchup ! i m using Artlantis 3.0 + sketchup v 7.0

Ildikó
Sent : 11/04/2009 14:01:11

Hi, There is a little bug in the SketchUp export plug-in, you may run into it... maybe. It will be fixed soon, I'll let you know. Until then, you can open skp files directly in Artlantis, please try this. Here is a tutorial about how the SketchUp export works to Artlantis: it may answer to your first post: http://www.artlantis.com/index.php?page=products/plugins/sketchup Ildiko

carl
Sent : 11/04/2009 14:06:13

thanks for the reply...but when the plugin doesnt work how i can run this step??!

Jeremy
Sent : 11/04/2009 17:38:47

Don't use layers to separate materials. Use different colors and color names in Sketchup for every material you intend to use in Artlantis.

carl
Sent : 11/04/2009 18:54:11

Hi, i try to use colors, but when i open the sketchup file on Artlantis 3 , the whole project are in white,and when i apply matrials on it , the material while apply in all the regions :-(

Jeremy
Sent : 11/05/2009 16:31:12

There must be some issues with the way you are modeling and texturing in SketchUp. Make sure you put the color on the front-face of the geometry. You can change the backface color to something that really stands out like purple in the Style dialog window. If you color only the front-face then you will not have these issues. If you are putting colors on groups then everything in that group will have the same material in Artlantis unless you have placed a color on geometry inside the group, then Artlantis will pick up the geometry color inside the group. The direction your normals are facing is important, just make sure to pay attention to them. Also MAKE SURE you are not applying the same color name to different materials. So if you drop a color, orange 009, on geometry then don't use this color again unless you want something else to have the same material in Artlantis. Basically when it's all done in SketchUp it should be a very colorful model, little to nothing should be white when you are done. AVOID leaving any geometry as the default color! This should help.

carl
Sent : 11/05/2009 16:38:35

HI jerimie i do this and always doesnt work :(((

carl
Sent : 11/05/2009 16:41:45

Posted by jeremy
There must be some issues with the way you are modeling and texturing in SketchUp. Make sure you put the color on the front-face of the geometry. You can change the backface color to something that really stands out like purple in the Style dialog window. If you color only the front-face then you will not have these issues. If you are putting colors on groups then everything in that group will have the same material in Artlantis unless you have placed a color on geometry inside the group, then Artlantis will pick up the geometry color inside the group. The direction your normals are facing is important, just make sure to pay attention to them. Also MAKE SURE you are not applying the same color name to different materials. So if you drop a color, orange 009, on geometry then don't use this color again unless you want something else to have the same material in Artlantis. Basically when it's all done in SketchUp it should be a very colorful model, little to nothing should be white when you are done. AVOID leaving any geometry as the default color! This should help.

please please an little tutorial with some images or can i email you or instant Messanger...! thanks

Ildikó
Sent : 11/10/2009 14:22:58
Attachment : iShowU-Capture.mov

Hi, I've done a little tutorial for you. Please pay attention to the reverted faces as Jeremy told you above, it's very important. Reverted faces will get ALWAYS the same material in Artlantis. I hope this will help you. Ildiko

carl
Sent : 01/19/2010 16:11:18

THANK YOU!

Geoinfo
Sent : 05/12/2010 11:50:35

Posted by Szabo
Hi, There is a little bug in the SketchUp export plug-in, you may run into it... maybe. It will be fixed soon, I'll let you know. Until then, you can open skp files directly in Artlantis, please try this. Here is a tutorial about how the SketchUp export works to Artlantis: it may answer to your first post: http://www.artlantis.com/index.php?page=products/plugins/sketchup Ildiko

Hi, I have the same problem in sk7+Artlantis 2.1.2, the export plugin is download from artlantis offical site. Is there any way to solve the problem?

Geoinfo
Sent : 05/12/2010 11:50:56

Posted by Szabo

Hi, I have the same problem in sk7+Artlantis 2.1.2, the export plugin is download from artlantis offical site. Is there any way to solve the problem?

Jeremy
Sent : 05/12/2010 17:27:19

Geo, don't bother using the export function in sketchup. Simply import the .skp file directly in to Artlantis and see if this helps.

Ildikó
Sent : 05/17/2010 17:02:26

Posted by Geoinfo

The SketchUp plug-in was corrected since my last post, I don't think you have that old problem. Or maybe you should try to download again and update your plug-in.

© ABVENT 2020       |  Contact | Jobs | Abvent Group