France |  Suisse |  International
Jeroen
Re: export to skp failes!
Sent : 11/26/2012 19:56:58

I try to export a scene to a skp file and it fails. The filesize is only 1kb and I coannot open the file. What can be wrong here? using Artlantis Studio 4.1.7 64 Bit btw greetz, update: I can save the scene as obj and re-open in ATl.. the I can save it as SKP, but then I lost the textures/materials they used to be. boohooh.. (that means I am crying :-(

Jeroen
Sent : 11/28/2012 19:09:19

I know it has only been two days ago I posted this issue, but some help or response from Abvent would be very welcome, because I have a deadline and I have to make a desicion to solve this problem or do my project in other software or something? please, please, help me.. I am still crying.. boohooohoohoo Should I make a ticket.. is a response on a ticket faster I ask myself? greetz,

Ildikó
Sent : 11/29/2012 12:46:35

Hi Tapper, the SketchUp export won't save shaders and textures... sorry. You will get the geometry with different coloring on surfaces which used to have different shaders in Artlantis. That's all.

Jeroen
Sent : 11/29/2012 14:21:47

Hi Szabó, The problem is not the shaders... it totally fails to export! "I try to export a scene to a skp file and it fails. The filesize is only 1kb and I coannot open the file. What can be wrong here? using Artlantis Studio 4.1.7 64 Bit btw greetz,

Jeroen
Sent : 11/30/2012 17:46:55

Could not solve this problem on time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lesson learned: next time I'll make a ticket immediately instead of only posting on the forum. I got the feeling this forum is visited less and less by customers and by Abvent... but maybe that is only a feeling? Szabo, I appreciate your effort but to my opinion you did not read it well, because the problem is not about shaders not being exported (obj was trying to work around), but the export to SKP totally failed! After this weekend the post will be one week old and no response to go on... a little dissapointed here. Don't get me wrong, I love working with ATl , but when thing don't work the way they should makes me cry (boohohohohohooooo :-) greetz,

Ildikó
Sent : 12/03/2012 14:28:40

Posted by

The quote vanished somehow, here it is again: "update: I can save the scene as obj and re-open in ATl.. the I can save it as SKP, but then I lost the textures/materials they used to be. boohooh.. (that means I am crying :-(" Hi Tapper, so what was the meaning of this last sentence? I thought you finally managed the export to SKP format... Sorry if I misunderstood it. The Support Center is always a good idea, specially when you have technical issues.

Jeroen
Sent : 12/05/2012 00:36:09

No problem misunderstanding if so.. Uk is not my 1st language so it come across different then it is suposed to be. I'll try again: - in a project I cannot export to skp... It make a file of 0 kb and 8 cannot open. That is the main problem. - to work around and to see if the problem might be the scene itself Exported the scene to an obj and reopened it, but that did not work while I lost the textures doing this workaround. Conclusion on this scene: i can export to an obj and not to a skp file. I can export other projects to skp, but I don't know what the problem is here. Do you have suggestions for me to find out what the problem might be? Greetz,

Ildikó
Sent : 12/06/2012 14:56:34

If the problem occurs only for that project, I suspect a geometry problem which can't translated in skp format by Artlantis. Try to delete some objects and re-try the export. It's just testing what could block it.

© ABVENT 2020       |  Contact | Jobs | Abvent Group