France |  Suisse |  International
Hago
model jumping aroung
Sent : 03/24/2011 10:08:45

Why does my updated Archicadmodel jump to a new position in ArtLantis? I updated the archciad model and worked with the artlantis scenes many times without problems, until one day when the whole archicadmodel jumped to a new position in artlantis. All settings made are useless. Nothing was moved in the Archicad modell, only modifying the building. It is very disturbing that this can happen without any explainable reason. What if you have made a very complex scene and suddenly it can´t be used. Not funny when delivary date comes closer.

Ildikó
Re: model jumping aroung
Sent : 03/28/2011 10:36:59

Which version of AC are you using? The same function is available from inside of Artlamtis, and try to work with that: export a second file in AC without updating it > open it in Artlantis and go File menu > Use reference file. They will release soon a fix for the AC 14 export plug-in, just check the Artlantis website or Graphisoft website. The same plug will be also included into the next hotfix of AC.

Hago
Sent : 03/30/2011 14:16:12

HEllo Ildiko I always use "use reference file" in ArtLantis. It feels a lot safer than exporting with a reference file from Archicad. I use AC14 and Artlantis studio 3. I have had these problems earlier in life with previous versions. The thing is that my model moved into a new position today. I feels like the model has its own life and pops up on any coordinates, diffenrent from day to day. It makes me sad, specially now when i am building scenes with different cameras and background images. What can I do? Yes, the model is not to close to origo, can it be the problem?

Hago
Sent : 04/01/2011 09:31:33

Again my model moved - thank you very much! All scenes I´ve created yesterday are gone! What can I do?!?!?!?! Anger is not enough.

Hago
Sent : 04/01/2011 09:49:11
Attachment : model moving.pdf

graphics showing two positions of my modell but same cameras, the second image use referens file from the first. What can I do when I can´t trust my model?!?!?!

Hago
Sent : 04/01/2011 10:25:07

I have also tried to move the complete archicad modell close to 0,0,0 just to avoid one of the possible problems. But this didn´t help as you can read above.

Ildikó
Sent : 04/04/2011 18:26:23

A very distant origin could cause such problems, you're right. Please check if the position of the camera changes or not: you can do that in the camera inspector, coordinates. If it's different for the original file and for the second file using the references from the first one, the problem could be with Artlantis. Do you have the same problem with other files too? Artlantis won't change the position of the model, only the cameras can change position. In consequence we should find out what is repositioned: the camera or the model?

PV
Sent : 09/21/2012 08:01:16

This is quite old issue here but I'll continue. I have exactly the same problem. It seems that the cameras, objects etc. stay in the same position - I checked the coordinates of ine specific camera. So, ArchiCAD puts the model into a different location. I was thinking that the problem could be the "user origin" (not sure what is it called in English) in ArchiCAD: if you move the user origin, 3D-model MIGHT go to a location compared to that. Well, I've tried to test it, and it seems it has some influence. Although I haven't succeeded to get the model into a right locatinon yet. I'm using ArchiCAD 15 and the latest Artlantis (4.1.7.). EDIT: When saving file from ArchiCAD 15 to 14, and saving ATL file from ArchiCAD 14, problem was solved. My coworker has earlier noticed that in 3D window there's a bug: you can't edit elements with numeric feed, because origin numbers are never relative. They are always absolute. So it's impossible to move something, let's say 1 m away.

da eira
Sent : 09/24/2012 17:06:33

Hi there! I've had the same problem for ages with certain models, and that happens either in pc and mac, on different versions of archicad and artlantis from 13 to 15, 3 and 4 respectively. I can' t find a solution to solve that permanently! Tried almost everything, saving in earlier versions of AC or ATL and then updating to the current version, changing the entire model to a different place in AC, importing the updated model in AC to the latest AC file that still exports correctly to artlantis...etc Nothing works! I end up usually dragging everything in artlantis to the new position the model assumes and work from there on, but like AG says above, one or two days later the model starts assuming a new different position again! It's very annoying and a big break in productivity! If anyone has already succeded in solve this issue, please help! I am now using AC15 and Artlantis render 4.1 in a PC, and already updated the export plug-in in AC to match ATL4.1. Thank´s a lot!

Ildikó
Sent : 09/26/2012 12:00:32

PV and da eira: please check your ArchiCAD model in ArchiCAD. How far is it from the absolute origin? Not from the user origin you can set yourself, but the absolute one, that set by ArchiCAD? If it is very distant, move the whole AC model close to it and do the export again. Check it in Artlantis. For your information, you are also welcome to contact the Support Center - available at www.artlantis.com free of charge. They may ask for your AC file to further check and give you the answer.

© ABVENT 2020       |  Contact | Jobs | Abvent Group