France |  Suisse |  International
www.3delevate.com
Sent : 11/06/2012 23:04:25

i need help with importing files. i created a large architecture model in sketchup and split the model into two parts, I save the model as model 1 and model 2. I exported model 1 to artlantis4.1 and added textures and extra objets then saved it as an atl file. I did the same with model 2. i have opened model 1 in artlantis and tried to import model 2 so that i can joined them together. i cannot used 'save as oject' as it wont't work with the my models is their any other way to import models

Ildikó
Re: Import artlantis file into artlantis
Sent : 11/07/2012 16:22:58

Did you try to import the whole model in the same time? Do you really need to split the model? As soon as you add Artlantis objects to an imported geometry, you cannot export it as an object any more. The function will be disabled voluntarily but maybe I understood wrong your idea. Try to import both models before editing anything to only one of them. Use the Merge geometry from file ... command.

www.3delevate.com
Sent : 11/07/2012 22:00:38

it was a very large urban model with a lot details, i thought it would export fro sketchup quicker and less defaces, until i finished editing in artlantis i found out that it can't be wxported as an object So what i have done is re exported model2 again from sketchup, saved it as object file straight away in artlantis, then i went to 'File' 'Use as reference' and artlantis applied the shaders and objects from the edited model2 atl file into model2 aof object file. So now i am just making a few adjustments before i can join the models into one single model

www.3delevate.com
Sent : 11/08/2012 20:51:49

One comment i have is that, Almost every 3d render software has a simple 'import' system, this is a bad oversight for abvent

Ildikó
Re: Import artlantis file into artlantis
Sent : 11/12/2012 15:42:36

In Artlantis, the Open command accumulates the simple open and import commands as well because you can open dxf, dwf, 3ds, obj, fbx, dwf, skp files besides the native atl and aof. The Merge geometry from file... command helps you to open two geometries in the same scene and create a new one. This is maybe the command you are asking for?

© ABVENT 2020       |  Contact | Jobs | Abvent Group