France |  Suisse |  International
Picard (Admin)
Export plugin from Vectorworks 2010 to Artlantis 3.0 available
Sent : 01/19/2010 18:31:29

The export plugin from Vectorworks 2010 to Artlantis 3.0 is available online. Alain Picard Abvent

Palmer
Re: Export plugin from Vectorworks 2010 to Artlantis 3.0 available
Sent : 02/02/2010 04:38:34

will this plug in work with VW 2008? THX Carlos Palmer

Ildikó
Sent : 02/09/2010 16:50:39

No, this plug won't work with VW 2008, sorry. Ildiko

Bens
Sent : 02/11/2010 01:45:33

Hello, I am new to this software and am still putting the demo through the paces. I have Vectorworks 2010 and am struggling to find the best method of export to Artlantis Render. Here are my issues: * if I use class settings, Artlantis doesn't recognize different finishes on the exterior and interior walls For those who use the software, and Vectorworks, what is the best method?

Bens
Sent : 02/11/2010 01:47:47

I just did a search, and some fellow in 2007 has the same issue: "Vectorworks 2008 allows you to give different wall components different classes. The interior and exterior of walls can now have separate classes which should be able export to Atlantis. Thus, we should now finally be able to differentiate interior and exterior finishes when exporting using classes. Unfortunately, the wall system still has an overall class which exports to Artlantis instead of the classes of the separate components. I have tried various work-arounds, but nothing fixes this. Does anyone know a way around this issue? I do not want to use Textures for export. Classes are easier to add and manipulate."

Richard
Sent : 03/07/2010 19:10:56

- What I do now is make nurbs out of walls in different layers, before exporting. - I did experiment by making inner and outer walls this means you also have make double cuttings for windows, sigh. - Fastest is I guess still to just use extrusions for walls. I don't have the Architect or Interior Design Module because of this. I think the walls can do a lot by now, but I don't consider the wall system as matured before you can do with it, what you just mentioned. I do like this hybrid thought, but hybridity doesn't work for facades either (allthough this has more logic in my opinion and you can use linerendering instead). My question is: In version VW2010, can you now see different colors (open GL rendering) or finishes on the outside or inner side of a wall with the Renderworks renderings? I guess when this is possible, an exporter to Artlantis, which can do the same should be possible too. That is the day when I will buy the extra modules.

© ABVENT 2020       |  Contact | Jobs | Abvent Group